Our coding lasers are sold to manufacturers of packaged goods in industries such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, FMCG and many more.
These markets are characterised by mainly being served by form, fill and seal equipment, and include packaged goods markets (especially ready meals, snack foods and beverages), personal and household care, and industrial markets (including aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical devices).
Our product range includes small character coding lasers, CO2 lasers, and specialist film and foil coding lasers which are available in various power version ranging from 10W to 80W. We also supply a choice of lenses and optics specific for the packaged goods market. These lasers can be used to mark best-before dates and other alphanumeric codes to product packaging.
The iCON is a specialist small character coding laser. Other lasers used for marking include the K series CO2 lasers and the fLASER specialist film and foil fiber laser.
Coding lasers are used to apply best before dates and other alphanumeric codes to product packaging. They are generally used on high-speed production lines which can run as fast as 600m/min with up to 3000 characters being printed per second. Lasers are used to apply large and complex text, data and graphics to products and thereby to enhance or complete the product by adding branding and other identifying information. Lasers are used to apply small character codes (lot codes and batch numbers, dates etc.) and other alphanumeric information to packaged goods such as foodstuffs and beverages, personal and household care products and pharmaceuticals.
Ultra-highspeed laser coding for your smart packaging, the BiDilase is the only laser capable of super speed coding, with a speed of 1000m/min without loss of quality or definition of markings. The only laser that can continuously mark more than 100 unique QR codes per second which are generated at 400 microns per point making them easily readable by any scanner and can also be integrated into any production line.
Laser scoring, cutting and perforating systems are used to score, slit and cut plastic films and foils used in flexible packaging, as well as for perforating plastic film used in the packaging of fresh food, enabling such packaging to be porous and its contents to continue to ripen and not spoil.
Laser Scoring, Cutting and Perforating Systems
- Scoring: Lasers are used to score, slit and cut the plastic films and foils used in flexible packaging. They enable such packaging to be shaped and formed, and they make it easy for consumers to open it. They are used in food and beverage applications, pharmaceuticals, and personal and household care, and in medical and other industrial markets. They typically compete with mechanical cutting devices.
- Perforating: Lasers are used to perforate the plastic films which are used in the packaging of fresh food. They enable such packaging to be porous and its contents to continue to ripen and not spoil. They typically compete with mechanical perforating devices.
A full range of accessories is available to enable our lasers to meet the specific needs of customers. These include mechanical parts to enable easy installation of lasers on production lines, shaft encoders and photocells to ensure correct synchronization, software products for integration with factory systems and fume extractors and plexiglass protection to satisfy health and safety rules.
Key Features of our laser systems:
- Fast speeds up to 600m/min.
- Up to 3000 characters being printed per second.
- Easy application of lot codes and batch numbers or dates.
- Can be easily integrated into existing production or packaging lines.
- A range of accessories are available.